RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

On The Road To The South

                                          Sunday 11/29/2015

The day we left and become official snowbirds was a gloomy day. All the leaves had fallen from our trees, so it was time to hit the road again.
One last walk up the alley behind our house.
The Beast was filled to overflow, with a tunnel view out the back window. Joe had wanted to leave at 10AM, but we didn't leave the house till around 2PM. There was just too much to do before we left for 4 months, like vacuuming. You know you just can't leave the house a mess when people are coming in to do construction. Once anal, always anal and more so, as you get older. I just frustrate Joe to no end with my idiocies! Then we had to stopped at McDonald's for lunch on our way out of town to further slow our exit time. Joe said, "We might as well stay here for another night".
We only made it to just east of Grand Rapids, MI (3 hours away) that night, as old fogies can't drive with their bad night time eyesight. If you know "LaFontaine's" they are very frugal! My hubby bought, just for this trip, a hot plate, so we could save money by not eating out.
It was a really good idea, as we didn't do very well at eating up the refrigerator, and everything had to be removed, with construction being stated in a month or so. Besides, we personally don't like to eat out much, as the quality of food, is never worth what you pay for. And then there is Mallery, who doesn't eat dog food any more, and it can be a real production making her food.
I had really cooked up all her meals and put them in baggies, and then put in the cooler. At lunch time I would pull out a baggie and put it in a bowl at rest stops, when she finally got hungry enough to eat it cold instead warm. The 2nd night we stopped at the Red Roof Inn in Bowling Green, Kentucky, after driving in the rain and the dark for an hour. We normally don't drive in the dark, but Joe was trying to make up time, that his wife took away on the first drive day. Mallery did really well both nights, sleeping attached to me by a short leash. She normally slept in her kennel, but since it was buried under a ton of stuff in the SUV, it was her only choice. After roaming the hotel room in the evening, she realized there was no kennel to be had, so it was cold floors in a strange place or next to mommy.

The next morning it was driving again in the rain through Nashville, and all the way to Birmingham, AL. As we left Birmingham, we finally drove out of the rain storm.
After a long days drive and driving once again in the dark for an hour and half, we arrived in Gulf Shores, AL. where our rented condo was. The picture above is of a sunset the next evening from our condos front yard.
The evening after we arrived, I went with my girls and the kiddos to the Christmas parade.

My handsome little Lennox watching the parade.
Madalena with sack in hand ready to catch some of the candy being thrown. Being shy, Nana and mom had to help her scramble for the treats.

The evening was really cold. The day we drove from Kentucky to Gulf Shores, was in the high 70's, but the weather turned cold, with hats and mittens weather the next night. The girls accused us of bringing the cold weather with us.

After the parade there was a few fun things to do before heading home, like riding the cow train.
Maddie and Noah in the cow behind Lennox.

And of course Hayleah and her friend Chelsey are still not too old for a little fun.

So good to see my Nana's kids after being gone from them 7 months. Lennox -7, Noah- 7, & Madalena-5

( So sorry I got so far behind "ONCE AGAIN", but life just got in the way. I am hoping to get caught up again, with kids back in school, and the holidays over).

No comments:

Post a Comment