RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sun Valley, Arizona

10/10/09


On the Road Again!

Heading down Hwy. 191 south of Chinle, AZ., still in the largest Indian Reservation in the US.
I am taking this picture of the horse and Joe said, "Was that horse dead, that was lying on the ground." I said I didn't see anything but a horse standing up. So I zoomed in on my picture and saw the horse on the ground. Is the horse dead or just sleeping? I don't know. I am going to double click on the picture when it is in the blog so I can get an even closer look.
Monuments ahead.
We turn west on 264 to drive a different route. If we stay on 191, we will hit Interstate I-40, which we have driven already.
After about 25 miles we turn south again on Hwy. 6
Do you see the side view of the Indian face with head dress.Driving just east of the painted desert.
We hit I-40 and turn east for 1 mile to the Root 66 RV Park in the small use to be town Sun Valley.Root 66 RV Park, which sits right next to I-40. Can you see our Nest back next to the tree with the semi- truck going right behind us.
We took a walk down this gravel road for some calorie burning exercise. Our Park is in the foreground. We spent the day doing laundry. The park had a very clean, but only 2 washer's and dryer's. We had not done laundry for it seemed like a month, so we had 7 loads. Yes I have undergarments for a month, because sometimes it's hard to find time or a place to do laundry that meets my expectations.
While I finished the laundry, Joe ran to the store to get some groceries. As I was talking to my sister, Nancy, I walked over to the laundry building to get the last load and I saw this great sunset. I ran back to the Nest and grabbed the camera.
As I am taking the pictures, Joe calls and tells me to go out and look at the sky. I told him I had already seen it and was taking pictures of it.
just beautiful!
Soon it is almost gone.
But still interesting.
I forgot to take a picture of the RV park sign as we drove in, so as I walked Mallery I took this picture.
We chose this park because it was a Passport Membership Park, at $14.50 a night. By the end of the day the park was full with Passport members. Are we going to be able to sleep with the constant traffic sounds behind us?

No comments:

Post a Comment