RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 5 & 6 - Driving Toward Iowa / Stopping in Chamberlain, SD and Welcome, MN

Tuesday 10/16/2012


We left Sundance, Wyoming and continued east on I-90.

It didn't take long before we crossed the state border into South Dakota.

At first we continued to see spotty evergreen areas and deciduous trees along rivers.



But soon we entered into the rolling treeless landscape of South Dakota.

I took a picture of the T-Rex that we had seen a few years prior, when we drove on I-90 but going west.


 We crossed the Missouri River

 Just across the river we stopped in Chamberlain at a truck stop for the night. After 285 miles we ended at an elevation of 1663 ft. from 4,738 in Sundance. The wind and rain caught up with us that night and rocked our Nest mightily.

The next day as we continued east on I-90, we drove pass the 60 ft/ 25 ton bull's head near Montrose, SD.

 


I thought this hay field had a very neat and clean look to it!

South Dakota off I-90 has a large wind turbine area with their wide open spaces.

If you have time you can visit the Little Town on the Prairie, where Laura Ingalls Wilder once lived, just north of I-90 in De Smet, SD.

We stopped at a rest stop at the border of South dakota and Minnesota. I missed the Minnesota sign as we drove into the rest stop. It was just to cold and windy to even think about walking to the entrance to get a picture of the sign, so I took a picture of the shape of the sign from inside our Nest. Good enough for me when I was facing the coldest weather we had felt in 4 years!


Our drive was a bit shorter at 244 miles that day, as we turn south off  I-90 to Welcome, MN.

Welcome, MN has a population of 686 people.


Welcome campground was just a few miles off of I-90. We could have stayed at a Wal-Mart, but we have found that when you are boondocking in cold weather, you can spend just about the same amount of money using propane to keep warm and diesel to run your TV, verse staying in a campground. We used our Passport America membership and paid $16 for the night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment