RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Sunday, May 8, 2011

One Wal-Mart we Recomended, Another we Don't! 5/6/2011

We left Pirateland RV Campground, and drove to CTC, south of Myrtle beach in Murrell Inlet, SC to have our generator checked out. We have been having trouble with getting it started at times, and someone said it might need a tune up. They changed the spark plugs, ( they said the wrong ones were in it ) and changed the elevation setting on it. They also gave Joe, some new tips on starting the generator. We then drove about 20 miles to the north to Wal-Mart Supercenter at 10820 Kings Road, in Myrtle Beach for the night. We got pulled into the parking lot and set up, just in time before a pouring rain started and lasted most of the day. Thank goodness the temperature was in the low 70's, since we could not turn on the air. We did have a nice pond out our window. There was also Tanger Outlet just across the street from this Wal-Mart, so Joe and I went over to do some shopping.
                                                                            5/7/2011
In the morning we were woke, by the sound of ducks or geese feet on the top of our RV. Mallery didn't like them walking around up there, so she started growling at them.  The  rain was gone and the sun was out that morning. We had five RV's and a van park with us at Wal-Mart. As we were getting ready to leave, the older man in the van came out to talk. He told me, his van had been broke into, and he and his wife had nothing. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy a new crock pot, to help him get some new cloths. He and his wife were starting  a new job on Monday. His wife said they had been living in their van for 30 days. I did not believe his story, because when I asked him some questions, things did not add up. Before he had come over to talk to me, God had put it on my heart to help them. I had noticed them the day before sitting in the van, and they were still there the next day. So even though I didn't believe his stories, and normally I do not give money to people who approach me with these kinds of story, I felt I should not judge him, and do what God had told me to do.I gave them some money, and told them, God bless you. He asked if  I wanted the crock pot. I told him, we were blessed and we didn't need anything,  I told them, I hoped the money would help. I asked how old he was. He told me he was 61. No one that age should be living in their car.

As we started to drive off , someone stopped in front of us and threw some food out to the birds.


I enjoyed watching the ducks, geese and turtles around the pond while we stayed here. But most of all I enjoyed Tanger across the street.

Even though we had big duck or geese feet on the roof of the RV, we recommend this Wal-Mart.

We drove on Hwy.17 North, and crossed over our next state border.

Even though we are driving in new territory once we left Myrtle Beach, we can't say this is a new state. We drove threw North Carolina the fall of 2008. We drove 120 miles to the Wal- Mart Supercenter in Jacksonville, North Carolina. When we pulled into the Wal-Mart we could not find anyplace to park. This has to be the busiest Wal-Mart to date. We had to park in the parking lot of the mini out door mall, next to Wal-Mart. At 9PM we finally found a spot to park at in Wal-Mart's parking lot. We are very close to  Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base. When Joe went into the Wal-Mart to shop, he said the majority of the store was filled with clean cut well fit young men. This a great place, for young lady's to live, for their choice of available men. At 11:30 PM the main parking lot was still very full. This is not a Wal-Mart Supercenter we recommend. We were blessed to get an open spot, but will never stop here again.


No comments:

Post a Comment