RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Saturday, May 7, 2011

Shelling on Myrtle Beach

We enjoyed walking on the beach in our back yard.  At low tide I found a sand bar that went way out. Mallery would bark, because she didn't like me so far out. She would try to get to me , but the water was too deep. In this picture, if  I walked straight to the beach, I would run into high thigh depth water. In order to get back to shore I had to walk south for a while on the sand bar that angled back to shore.

We found lots of shells on Myrtle Beach.

We found colorful plant life that had been washed up on shore. I didn't take a picture, but we saw some bright  lime green ones too.

A few homes up from our park.

Joe and I liked this one the best.


This plant life was strange and not colorful.

South of our park is a inlet. At low tide, it is flowing into the ocean.

At high tide the ocean and shells are flowing into the inlet. This is a great place to find shells at low tide.

We had wonderful, cooler weather, in Myrtle Beach.

A bunch of ducks visited our yard.


We got lots of exercise here, with many after dinner walks also.

This is a great walking beach.


We stayed at Pirateland for $26 a night for 2 nights with our Camp Club discount. The next two nights cost us regular price at $46 a night.




These are all the shells we found on 4 days at Myrtle Beach.


We are not sure what the square thing is, but someone suggested a smoothed tile from one of the hurricanes of past.

We found two large olive shells and a lot of cat's eyes.

Most of the conch shells are broken and most people don't pick them up. The ones without the tops look like flowers to me. Joe said, " he likes this kind of shopping, because it is free"

No comments:

Post a Comment