RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!

Friday, April 24, 2015

Heading South Again

                                                 Monday April 20,2015

With the bus unloaded, we headed for Saginaw, MI. The temperature had turned cold and rainy so we were glad to be heading south again.

We crossed the river in Saginaw and found the place we had scheduled to have the generator looked at once again. In about an hour, it was diagnoised that the glow plug was shot and needed to be replaced. They also change the generator fuel filter. Since it was getting dark, we decided to stay and use the electric hook ups provided. Joe also found a water connection and asked if he could get some water for the bus. The next morning we continued south for an hour to Flint, Michigan and pulled into the Super Wal-Mart. While we were in Gulf Shores, AL this winter, we had a call from someone in Michigan who was interested in our Nest. We decided after much discussion it would be best for both parties, if we met for the showing after we got back to Michigan. After a test drive and a little more negotiating, we decided to let our Nest go to the buyer. The buyer brought in to us a bag full of cash and told us to start counting. This was a bit intimidating seeing this much money in cash. After the sell, we said good bye to the "Full Time Life" and "Hello" to to the Snowbird Life".

It was after 5 before we left Flint so we drove only to Lansing and stopped for the night at a Red Roof Inn.

The next morning we headed SW. Our new view! Much different from the Nest window.

When we stopped at the rest stops, we had to remember to take the car lane. It seems kind of silly, but after 6 1/2 years of automatically taking the truck lane, you had to think for a second.

Not with the big boys anymore.

No more private bathrooms either!
And no more cheap home made lunches in the Nest!
Late that afternoon we crossed the "Mighty Mississippi" into Clinton, IA after driving 7 hours. We only had 1 1/2 hour to Cedar Rapids, IA, but we decided to call it a night and get another Hotel, this time a Super 8. (The Red Roof Inn in Lansing was much nicer and updated). The next day we arrived in Cedar Rapids, IA, and unloaded all our stuff at Joe's mom's home. On Monday I had an appointment all ready made for Mallery because she was not eating well. Unfortunately after blood test and x-rays, I was told that her pancreas was enraged and her kidney's were failing. They wanted me to let them keep her so they could get her on IV fluids, but after 5 she would be left all alone during the night. Because that didn't feel comfortable to me, I was told she could be taken to the Emergency Care Veterinary instead with the cost being much higher. In the end I decided I wanted her to be under care through the night. At the Emergency Care I was given the chose to put her to sleep or be prepared for a very large bill. Once again I couldn't bring myself to give up on her, so we are going to see how she does after 24 hours and a few other test. Please pray for Mallery and for me making the best decision for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment