RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Friday, July 23, 2010

Yellowstone National Park

7/15/2010

Thirty five miles north of Grand Teton National Park, we arrived at Yellowstone National Park. Joe nor I have ever been here before, so we are glad to finally be able to visit this park.
Of course with our annual pass, we avoid the $25 fee.
As we drive from the south entrance on into the park, we saw some of the new growth of pine trees, from past forest firers
We also passed Lewis Lake.
As we crossed a bridge, we saw lots of people standing on the bridge, with binoculars, and cameras in hand.
Of course we had to stop, only to find two elk in the river below.
We arrived at our new neighborhood at the Fishing Bridge Campground, to find we had no internet, or cell phone service. After we set up, the registration lady had told me, if I drove a few miles down the road, I might be able to pick up some service. After dinner, I drove about 15 miles down the road and didn't find any service, so I turned back to Fishing Bridge Campground. The road I drove took me along Yellowstone River.
I stopped on my way back to our Nest, to takes some pictures. I took a picture of a buffalo, but. when I viewed it I saw that it was doing number two. Bet nobody else has a pooping buffalo picture.
Crossing Fishing Bridge bridge over Yellowstone River.
I also stopped at the visitor center and looked at Yellowstone Lake as the sun set.
I did watch my back for bears, as I had left Joe back at the Nest. We do have water and sewer at Fishing Bridge, but no electricity at $28 a night. The park is a cement jungle with real close neighbors, but it is located close to a lot of stuff. We hate the no phone, internet and generators off at 8 PM. You can not have fires at Fishing Bridge, which is OK with us as we hate the smoke that filters into our Nest at night from other campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment