RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Thursday, February 28, 2013

River Bend Resort, Brownsville, TX

                               Thursday 2/14/2013

We left Fulton, Texas and took I-35 South toward Corpus Christi.

I noted a campground just north of Corpus Christi on Nueces Bay, if you're looking for a campground in the big city. We enjoyed Fulton and wouldn't want to stay in the big city ourselves.

Bridge crossing over the bay to Corpus Christi.

From the bridge I could see a Whataburger Field and a water park. Shortly after the bridge we were suppose to take I-37 to the left, but our GPS didn't warn us of the up coming split, so we ended up on Hwy. 407. We got back to I-37 eventually, when it finally joined up with it further south of the city.
Halfway to Brownsville we found a pull off rest area for lunch. We noted a much warmer temperature at this point.

After a long days drive we arrived at the River Bend Resort in Brownsville, Texas.

We came in a different entrance, so I got this picture a few days later in the Honda.

So far so good- paved in roads,

and a paved site. We were happy campers. 

Now it is time to show you around the resort. Club House in the distance from the rear.

Club House from the front.

I stayed outside with Mallery while Joe took pictures for you all.

Lobby of the Club House.

Event room

mostly for dinners. They had a Valentine dinner the night we arrived, but you had to have signed up a few days prior.

Balcony outside the Event Room.

Heated pool year round with hot tub.

Rio Grande River, with Mexico on the other side.



18 hole golf course.

Three fourth of the resort sites sit on the golf course.

Golf cart paths weave through out the resort. You can rent golf carts from the resort.

Sites that are not on the golf course sit on ponds.

Many sites for sale.

Most empty sites can be bought for around 8,000 to 17,000.

I took this picture because I like this decorative yard tree.

The ponds are not really ponds but are called resaca. Here is a definition of a resaca:  A word characteristic of Southwest Texas is resaca. . , which still means to some informants the overflow of a river; however, it more often designates a place where water is artificially stored for irrigation or any other purpose.
I was told the resaca are part of the Rio Grande, that have been dug out to flow where the participates want the water to go.

Another part of the resort has condos,

and homes, all on resaca's. These resaca's are use to water the entire resort. This part of Texas has been in a ten year drought.

Most of the RV part of the resort has, "neat as a pin" Mobile homes for 55 or older snowbirds. The owners also have to pay $100 a month which includes electricity.

It is a very nice resort and we would have liked to stay for a month, but we came in with our Coast to Coast membership and we could only stay for a week. We paid $10. We were told that if you call the private owners of the sites for sale, you could have stayed here at a comparable price, but longer.

I started a Yeast Free Diet while at this resort. A Yeast Free Diet mainly consists of meats and vegetable for two weeks and then you can have fruit in the third week. I started this diet because I have been having acid reflux really bad for quite some time and I  need to get rid of the Candida in my gut that is causing it. I have been on the diet for 2 weeks now, and was advised to stay off fruit for the third week because I am still having horrible acid reflux symptoms. Symptoms get worse before they get better. This is a recipe I made for the diet. It is bacon lining the muffin tin, with eggs and vegetables baked. It looks better than it was. I am so tired of meat and vegetables and want sugar soooooooooo bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment