RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

6/11/2010


We left Hurricane/Zion area today and headed east on Highway 59.
To the right of us are mountains.
To the left of us are wide open spaces.
At one point on the drive across this plain we had a really strong gust of wind hit us. It scared the holy ____ out of me. We have had wind gusts before, but never that strong. We are going to Kanab, Utah. We arrive at Hitch N Post Campground in Kanab at 2:30. As soon as we unhooked, I left Joe to set up and I headed up Highway 89.
I had an appointment for a tour at the Best Friends Sanctuary.
While waiting for the tour I took a picture of their pond. I had heard about this place last fall, while picking up pamphlet on things to see and do. I told Joe I had wanted to visit this place while on our travels.
We watch a short movie about this place, and we were just waiting for our tour guide. This is a shot of the house, goat,sheep, and pot belly pig areas.
As I waited, I found a seat on a nice deck and watch the hummingbirds.

We finally get on our tour in a van with about 10 of us. We stop at a place where they keep dogs who are 8 years old or older. This is a real friendly dog who has lost one front leg and loves her belly petted. She is up for adoption , as all the other animals are.
This cute little girl is also. I have forgotten both of their names.
She is just waiting for you.
They have these name tags that tell you their name,age, and if they are already adopted.
This is Sasha, as the previous picture shows her tag information. The dog have an inside and outside very large yard. In the older dogs unit, the floors are heated for the winter months.
We then visit the cat buildings. They also have inside and the outside areas. The outside areas have all kinds of climbing ramps and places for them to play on.
Here I am looking from one cat outside area into another outside cat area.
After the tour I walked down to the horse, goat, sheep, and pig area. This is the largest no kill animal sanctuary in the United States. It was stated 25 years ago by 4 individuals who put all they had together and started this place to provide for homeless animals. They now have 250,000 members who support the sanctuary for homeless pets. If you would like to visit their website it is www.bestfriends.org

No comments:

Post a Comment