RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Saturday, June 12, 2010

Timber Creek Overlook Trail in Kolob Canyons- Zion

6/7/2010


We drove up I-15 for about 25 miles to the north entrance of Kolob Canyon. This canyon is considered part of Zion National Park, but many visitors skip this part of the park as it is a little out of the way. It is another hot day, in the 90's so we plan on basically a scenic drive.
We started to climb the road going up and are met with these spectacular views. As is often the case, our simple camera cannot capture the colors we see in the rocks and cliffs.
This trail was short , but was at a constant incline, making it a short workout in the heat. At the top of the drive we decide to check out this short trail, for some exercise in spite of the heat.The trail gives us more spectacular views of the canyon.
The trail is sandy with a few rocks.
At the end of our overlook trail walk, we see these spectacular views.
The sign at the beginning of the trail said on a clear day you can see the edge of the Grand Canyon.At this point, I warn Diane that she is getting a little too close to the edge.
She says she is trying to get a picture of this lichen growing on this rock.
She said she has never seen orange, yellow, and purple lichen.
Utah State Flower - Sego Lily- This one is not blurred because I didn't rush Diane on this shot.
This speaks for itself.
We return to our car and have our packed lunch, and take a few more pictures as we drive back down the road to head home.
This drive was well worth the 25 miles here and back home.
Posted signs call these fingers of the cliffs.
Kolob Canyon may not be quite as spectacular as what we saw in the main part of Zion Canyon, but it still deserves a look. It also has several trailheads off the road.Driving back in to the city of Hurricane, UT where our RV park is currently parked. You can see Quail Creek State Park (lake) from up here.
After we get home, I took a walk around our RV park and I could not resist taking a picture of this old RV. It is in pretty good condition for its age??? I told Diane I should start taking a picture of any interesting RV we come across as we have see many really old or interesting RVs in our travels.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome place to hike..
    that Lily is beautiful!
    I like your idea of taking photos of old rvs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane and Joe

    I been reading your blog now for about a month. I found your blog while I was searching for photos of Madelin Island in Wisconsin. I am also from Wisconsin. I love reading travel blogs. You have traveled to many places I have traveled to as a kid and adult. My parents owned a motor home and we put many miles on. I guess that is how I got it in me to take long road trips as an adult. I been enjoying all your photos it brings back many good memories of the places I have been. We have recently been to Tennessee in the Smokey mountains and South Dakota in the past year. still have not decided wear to go yet this year.

    I like the photo of the old motor home. Looks like my parents old one. The model we had back then was a Mayfair. I have tried to find out more information on that model just for old time sakes but have not been to successfully.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog as you adventure on. Take care.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete