RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day Drive Through Yellowstone Part IV

7/20/2010


On this day we continued our drive passed all previous site from the previous day drive.
We were going through the Hayden Valley at a slow pace, because people ahead of us were seeing something. This is what they were seeing. I did the pop through the sky roof trick again to get this shot of the coyote.Next stop; Brink of Upper Falls.
This is the beginning of the falls. We are now on the opposite side of the canyon, that we were on the last few blogs.
Off to the Brink of Lower Falls.This is the same falls we saw in previous blogs, but on the other side of the canyon, and seeing them from up high and not down below and no 328 stairs.
Looking up the canyon.
Looking straight across the canyon.
I took this shot because other people pointed out to us that a osprey and her babies has a nest below on the up jetting rock.
This is a closer up shot.
Next is Yellowstone's version of Inspiration Point.

Next stop; Heart of the Caldera.
We are standing on a rim of a crater and looking into the heart of the crater. The fire is still going down below.We walked up this trail. We would have liked to have done more of this trail, but the day is getting late, and we will have to do it another day.
But we did walk up the trail for maybe a half a mile.
I like these flower amongst the rock wall.
I like the gold tips on the ends of the purple flower leafs or pedals.
We saw some people ahead of us pointing and looking through binoculars. We asked what they were looking at. Another bear! I got our binoculars out, and saw the bear as it went behind some trees and back into the woods.
The bear was next to those clumps of tress down below. It never came back out again.
Another shot of the forest fire.The meadow side is blooming with wild flowers.
Next stop Tower Falls.
It is a nice long falls, but after seeing, Lower Falls, it is hard to get excited.
It does drop a long ways down, but it is harder to see, because there is one small opening of the view and there were so many people by now, ( late afternoon and getting tired) We were ready to head back home.

After getting back home, I told Joe I was going to drive to my now calling spot three miles down the road to call my daughters and to work on the internet for a while.
Two and a half miles from camp, I see about 4 cars pulled off the road and people jumping out of their car's with their cameras. I stopped to see what was there.
This bear was about 30 feet from the road. No ranger here yet, so people are getting pretty close. A man tells me another one is down the road, so I jumped into my car and head for my call spot.
What do you know, but the next bear is along the road side at my call spot, so I pull in. I made my calls as I watch the bear. Soon a ranger came up to me and told me that my dog makes good bear meat, so I needed to roll up my window. He also added, I should go somewhere else to make my calls, as the bear is getting to close to my car. I drove on down the road to finish up my business.
I believe the bear is a grizzly bear, because he has a hump on his shoulders
It very hard to get a shot of them looking up, because they are very busy foraging. They really don't pay any attention to the crowds of people the rangers are holding at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment