RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Sunday, August 8, 2010

Biscuit Basin

7/21/2010


We are now located in Kalispell, MT., but I am still blogging Yellowstone. One thing I dislike about full- timing is non consistent cell and internet services. We will be at Glacier National Park in the next few days, and that will probably mean, no more internet. So I will keep blogging when I can.
This hot spring at Biscuit Basin is fairly small, but like all of them, has it's own unique look.

Yellow bacteria mat flowing from a hot spring.
Sapphire Pool.
On August 17, 1959, an earthquake recorded at 7.5 on the Richter scale at it's epicenter just a few miles northwest of Biscuit Basin. Four days later, Sapphire Pool began to erupt violently blowing away large rock biscuits around the crater. Biscuit Basin was named for those biscuit shaped mineral formations.
No trees can grow around the hot springs and geyser, but a few pretty flowers.
Mustard Spring.

I didn't take a picture of the name of this hot spring.
Shell Spring
Shell Spring starting to heat up.
Close up of a bacteria mat.
On the way home I took this shot of Yellowstone Lake, as we came down to a lower elevation.
After we got home again, I drove to my call spot. After I got done making calls and working on the internet, I started the car to leave. I realized my car battery was dead. I didn't, know why. I wanted to call Joe, but he was back at home at Fishing Bridge Campground where there is no cell service there. Several cars pulled up, so they could use their phones. I jumped out of my car, to see if they had jumper cables to jump me. Four cars and no help. A women did give me a directory assistant number, so I could call Fishing Bridge. They contacted Joe, and told him of my situation. I would have called a service station to help me, but I thought Joe would have said, "Why did you do that! It cost you $50." Because I had the car, Joe had to ask a neighbor to drive him to me, 3 miles away. While I waited for him I took this picture. Then it dawned on me, I used to carry jumper cables in the car before we started traveling. But our trunk is jam full, as Joe organizes it to fit everything in it. I got out of the car and started pulling everything out. Just as I got everything out, Joe pulled up in a truck with someone else. I asked the stranger if he was our neighbor. He nodded yes. I thanked him for his help. In no time the car was running and Joe put everything back into the trunk. Joe said later, "Why didn't you call a service station. We have emergency road service." He also told me I should have put my car hood up to signal help. Next time I'll call a service station. As he got the car started , he asked why I had the car head lights on. I had forgot I had put them on as I drove to my calling spot, because it was getting dark due to storm clouds. I sat there for an hour or so with my lights on while on the phone and the internet. Now I know why my car wouldn't start. Where would I be without Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment