RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day Drive Though Yellowstone Part II

7/19/2010

After we left Hayden Valley, we headed toward the Upper Falls.

Upper Falls with a 109 feet drop.After the falls we found the Uncle Tom Trail to walk on. We wanted to get some exercise, so we started down the path.After walking for about 10 minutes we came to this sign. We talked about it, as others were coming back up and saying the views were worth it. We decided to give it a shot. We decided we could at least go down a few steps and always turn back, if need be.
Well as you can see, we made it down. Down is the easy part. Not really, for two people who don't care for heights.
But the views were definitely worth it!
Just gorgeous!

I believe this is the Lower Falls. I don't know how many feet the Lower Falls drops.
Here you can see just how steep the stairs are.
When you look down into the falls, you could see a rainbow at the bottom of the falls.
I have problems with my breathing when climbing and in extreme heat. Today was not too hot, but the climb back up was very steep. I use to always out walk Joe before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now he is always waitng for me.
Another shot of the rainbow.
After every flight of about ten stairs, there is a bench on a platform to catch your breath.
I like the blue river color and the lone pine tree in this picture.
328 stairs are a lot of stairs.
While sitting at one of the benches, Joe noticed the original stairs under the new metal stairs.
The old stairs we really narrow and you had to use a rope as the stairs did not have railings. We definitely would have not done it with those old stairs.
The stairs never ended!
I love this picture with the canyon and the contrasting blue sky and white clouds.
I am sorry for so many pictures, but I could not seem to pick out the best. I love them all!
I liked the sun shinning on the back wall of the canyon in this picture.
Here is a picture of people climbing up and down the old stairs.
At the top we look over and across to the other side of the river. We saw the switch backs to get down on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment