RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Sunday, June 28, 2009

Heading to my sisters

5/2/09



After lunch and shopping at the Whole Foods Store in St Louis, Mo., we headed north on Hwy 61. After about 30 minutes of driving, I was busy looking at the map, when I heard Joe yell, " What is he doing?" I immediately looked up and saw a large delivery truck on the side of the road, heading into our lane. Joe started to swerve to the left lane, but now the truck was perpendicular to the road. The truck was in both lanes sideways heading toward the medium to get to the other side of the interstate. My heart fell to the pit of my stomach, and I said, "Oh my God". I visioned us hitting the truck at 60 miles an hour and rolling the Nest. This was all happening in a split second. Joe, now started to turn to the right to head for the shoulder to avoid him. In another split second, we whizzed by the truck with just inches between us. My heart was pounding out of my chest, with disbelief that we were still upright and untouched. Several seconds after that, a car came from behind whizzing by in the right lane. I'm sure he was wondering what we were doing all over the road, until he saw the truck exiting the right lane onto medium, just missing him also. After the near accident, my thoughts went immediately back to before we left today. Every time we head down the road, we have a check list that we go through, to make sure everything is ready for the drive. We check the brake light, turning lights and make sure everything is locked down and safe for sudden stops as well as other numerous checks. The last and most important thing I always do is walk around the Nest and Honda, and call out our guardian angels to protect us from all evil and danger. I then take authority over Satan in the Name and Blood of Jesus, and tell him to take his hands off of us, our Nest, and the car. Yes our guardian angels were with us that day and I am glad I took authority over Satan. Even though I panicked, Joe was kept in a calm state of mind. He said he thought about honking his horn at the truck, but then realized his honking might cause the truck to stop in his tracks. We don't understand how the truck didn't see us ( We are as big as a bus. No pun intended). We do believe he never did see us and did not know what almost hit him.

As we passed Wayland, Missouri, we saw a Flying J which is a very important gas station for RVers. We have not seen one of these for a while. All Flying J's have a dump station. We decided to stop and dump our tanks, because we didn't know when our next chance would be. This Flying J also had water so we could fill our water tanks that deplete very fast, especially if you are a diva. While Joe was emptying and filling the tanks, I called my older sister Karen and told her we would be going through her home town, Mount Pleasant, Iowa, and decided we would stay at Wal-Mart if she had time to visit. In Mount Pleasant, my sister and my niece Tami and her boyfriend Jason, came and visited us at Wal-Mart.

For dinner we went to KFC and had many laughs as Jason is quite the comedian. The next morning, Joe and I went with Karen to her church. We were feed the good word and strengtened and gave thanks for our safty.

No comments:

Post a Comment