RVery Best Nest

Come join Joe, Mallery & I, as we travel around the USA in our RVery Best Nest. God's Favor has been chasing us down, and we are enjoying all of His blessing's, that He has created for all to enjoy!






Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tillamook Cheese Factory & Blue Heron In Tillamook, OR.

Sunday 7/22 /2012

We left Neskowin going north again on Hwy. 101.

The day looked like it could rain at any time.

We drove past the Air Museum,

and after a 30 mile drive we arrived in Tillamook, OR.

In Tillamook Joe stopped for gas. He just sat there, so I asked what he was doing. I had temporally forgot that you can not gas up your own car in Oregon. All gas stations still have gas attendants.

Tillamook Cheese Factory is located on the northern edge of Tillamook. The cheese factory is open from 8:00 to 8:00.

If you are driving through the area in a RV, there is plenty of parking space for you to just pull in and stop.

After parking we head toward the Tillamook Cheese Factory.

Tillamook Cheese Factory has been in business for over 100 years.
The cheese factory is free to visit. 

If you are going to visit the factory, try to visit it during the week. We came on a Sunday and while trying to listen to a film about the factory, the noise of people talking made it impossible to hear the film. After visiting the factory, we went through the free cheese sample line.

The internet states that the cheese factory also has free ice cream samples. We later found out that you could ask for samples before you bought your ice cream. ( Like at Baskin and Robins). False and BAD advertizing! This is the line we had to stand in to get our free sample.

While we waited in line, I study the different flavor, to pass the time.

OK, now you can ask for a sample, when you reach the front of the line.You won't want to ask for too many samples though, because the people behind you will not be happy.

I got the 5 scoops for $5.00. Joe thought it was a good deal. Joe and I ate it together.

We left the cheese factory and headed for a place we had seen a sign for, while driving through Tillamook.

Free Samples and Family Fun. Sounds like something we like to do.

The Blue Heron is housed in a 1930 Dutch Colonial barn.

 

The Blue Heron is open 7 days a week from 8 to 8. After sampling wines, cheeses, dip, and sauces, we purchased some cheese and wine. I found a white wine that I really liked called Arcane Cellars Riesling. I usually do not like wines because they are too dry, but this wine was crisp and clean tasting. I wish I had boaght more than just one.

After our purchases we went outside so I could feed the farm animals with my purchased feed in hand.

As soon as I walked up to the fence I had a couple of buddies. 

I tried to give each of them a some.

Missy Lamb, you already had your's. Let's give some to this little goat.

Don't turn your back on them though, because the bigger one grabbed the bag when I wasn't looking. Luckily I got it back from him before the bag tore.

We walked over to another animal area to share the love!

I think this is a emu.

I love goats, so I spent most of my time feeding them.

Isn't she cute!

They say goats will eat anything. I gave her part of my bag. Joe said, "you are not suppose to feed them paper"! I told him I only gave her a small piece, and beside I wanted to see if she would eat it.

Yep, she ate the paper.

This goat was trying to eat the shirt off this little boy.

We noticed all the business had these squares paintings on some part of their outside walls. Each had a different design. We wondered if the designs were their signature for their business.

Time to head back to Neskowin, we went

past the Air Museum.

There was a fall sign we saw every time we drove on this road. I did a search on it, and we found that it was too late in the season for a good viewing, so we skipped it.

We made a quick stop at the Bear Creek Artichokes on Hwy. 101 for some fresh veggies.

Local fruits and veggies but not a lot of organic produce. Our day as wondering gypsies!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment